We’re thrilled to introduce the Podcast Advertising Industry Summit, our first-ever virtual summit on June 30 from 1 pm to 3 pm EST.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the opportunity for our industry to meet in-person at our favorite yearly events has been halted. But, the podcasting industry, and the advertising segment, certainly has not stopped during this crisis. In fact, our industry – just like many others – has had to pivot and face a lot of new challenges. We still much to talk about and a lot we can learn from one another, even if it’s via a digital room instead of a conference hall.
Our Podcast Advertising Industry Summit will virtually bring audio advertising professionals together to learn and share data and strategies about the rapid development of podcast advertising. From podcast publishers to advertisers and agencies, any industry professionals involved in creating, monetizing or advertising in podcasts will benefit from the insights shared by experts. For the full details on session topics and speakers, please see the schedule below.
1:00 – 1:15 PM EST: State of the Podcast Universe Report Preview
Voxnest, leading audio technology company, was one of the first in the podcast industry to release a comprehensive yearly report – The State of the Podcast Universe Report – on the state of the industry. Since the report’s first debut in 2018, the company has continued to share industry insights related to podcast business, marketing, community, production, creation and listening. For the first time, Voxnest is releasing a mid-year preview of the report.
Francesco Baschieri, CEO of Voxnest, will unpack the forthcoming report’s insights in relation to advertising trends seen in the first half of the year, with special note to the impact of COVID-19.
1:15 – 2:00 PM EST: Podcast Advertising Roundtable
In the years of growth since podcasting has become more mainstream, the evolution of content has been matched by new advertising strategies and offerings for the medium. As more and more brands flock to podcasts to find engaged listeners, more opportunities and challenges arise for every player in the podcast advertising segment. Our expert panelists will discuss the current state of affairs and make predictions about the future, including the questions below, in this roundtable session.
- How can podcasts get more advertising dollars?
- How can the issue of measurement improve podcast advertising?
- What’s working/trending in podcast advertising right now?
- What does the future of podcast advertising hold?
Moderator: Francesco Baschieri | Voxnest, CEO
- Dominick Milano | Targetspot, SVP of Sales & Business Development
- Nina Harvey | Rubicon Project, Business Development, Audio and DOOH
- Scott Porretti | Katz Digital, EVP of Digital
- Naomi Hands | DAX at Global, Head of Publisher Partnerships
- Catherine Patterson | theTradeDesk, Senior Director of Inventory Partnerships
2:00 – 2:30 PM EST: Strategies to Fully Monetize your Catalog of Podcasts
While baked-in live reads still play an incredibly vital role in podcast advertising, today there are many different monetization/advertising implements – including programmatic ads, dynamically inserted live reads and unique sponsorships – in addition to the original iteration. With all the advertising opportunities in-mind, this panel will discuss how podcast publishers can truly truly maximize their monetization and how ad agencies and brands should be strategically investing their money in each avenue. The expert panelists will share their best advice and strategies on optimizing revenue overall, monetizing evergreen content, and evaluate how campaigns are performing (and others!).
Moderator: Gary Coichy | Pod Digital Media, Founder & CEO
- Stuart Last | Audioboom, CEO
- Amira Valliani | Glow, Co-Founder & CEO
- Glenn Rubenstein | ADOPTER Media, Founder & CEO
- Molly Fuard | Pandora, Sr. Manager of Ad Innovation
- Sarah Cotenoff | Podsights, Head of Partnerships
- Rockie Thomas | Media Creek, Chief Revenue Officer
2:30 – 3:00 PM EST: Using Data to Succeed with Live Reads Roundtable
Even as a large podcast publisher, the competition for host-read advertising dollars – thanks to an endless amount of new podcasts – is becoming more and more fierce. Do you have the data, and utilize it properly, to showcase how valuable the podcasts in your repertoire are? Are you supporting the podcasts in your network with the right analytics and tools they need to convey value to advertisers?
On the flip side, when it comes to host-read campaigns, advertisers and agencies are often wondering:
- What podcasters should we be partnering with in order to achieve our advertising goals?
- How can we identify the right podcast partners to invest our money in?
- What campaign benchmarks are considered “good” and how should we be evaluating campaign performance?
Our expert panelists will discuss the answer to these questions and many more.
Moderator: Ahyiana Angel | Founder, Mayzie Media
- Bruce Supovitz | Nielsen, SVP/Sales Director of National Audio Services
- Jack Hobbs | President, reVolver Podcasts
- Dave Newmark | CEO, PodSearch, Inc.
- Hilary Ross | Vice President of Podcast Media at Veritone One
- Giles Martin | Oxford Road, EVP of Client Strategy & Media Operations
- Marshall Williams | Ad Results Media, Partner & CEO